October, 31, 2010, Chicopee, MA – The Apatar Team has announced the release of Apatar Open Source Data Integration v1.12.13. It features improvements in the connector for E-mail and in the connector for Salesforce CRM, the ability to copy and paste datamap components, and other new functionality.
Ability to copy/paste datamap components
Starting with this build, Apatar users can copy and paste datamap components. This functionality is designed to save Apatar users time on project configuration. Now you can copy/paste both single and linked datamap components, selecting any part of the datamap (including connectors, operations, and functions). The functionality allows for copying them within one datamap file, between different datamap files, and even pasting the selection across multiple Apatar applications.
Encrypt e-mail connection, filter e-mails on the server level, etc.
The connector for E-mail provides now for setting up an encrypted connection. This improvement enables you to use secure connections while reading or sending e-mails. Another new feature enables to filter out e-mails on the mail server level. E-mail filtration will be helpful if you need to receive, for example, important e-mails from a certain customer, or need to find an e-mail with a certain subject. Finally, you can now retrieve either all, or unread mail from an IMAP mail server. This feature will be helpful if you need, for instance, to move your mail from a mail box to a CRM system.
Improvements in database connectors, Salesforce CRM connectivity, etc.
The build also features other updates: database connectors can now display views, not only tables; the improvements in the connector for Salesforce CRM prevent from exceeding the number of allowed query characters when updating the tables; Apatar now automatically transforms specified Long Text fields used at the "Join On" tab of the Join operation into Text fields, etc.
Apatar Open Source Data Integration features and benefits:
- No coding! Visual job designer and mapping enable non-developers to design and perform transformations, shortening implementation time.
- Distributed under an open source model, reducing integration and maintenance costs
- Connectivity to SugarCRM, Salesforce CRM, MySQL, Oracle, MS SQL, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, GoldMine, IBM DB2, IBM AS/400, Sybase, PostgreSQL, dBase, EnterpriseDB, Vertica Analytic Database, vTiger, InnoDB, Firebird, Progress OpenEdge, Openbravo ERP, Compiere ERP, .CSV, EditGrid, XML, RSS/ATOM, HTTP queries, POP3, LDAP, FTP, WebDav, Autodesk Buzzsaw, any JDBC data sources, Amazon S3, Flickr, StrikeIron and CDYNE data quality Web services, and more
- Job scheduler and synchronization automate the data integration process.
- Improves data quality with a variety of verification, filtration, and validation features
- Platform-independent, runs from Windows, Linux, and Mac OS
The latest Apatar build can be downloaded at http://apatar.com/download.html
Apatar is the leading provider of open source software tools for the data integration market. With powerful Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) capabilities, Apatar enables its users to easily link information between databases (such as MySQL, Microsoft SQL, Oracle), applications (Salesforce.com, SugarCRM), and the top Web 2.0 destinations (Flickr, Amazon S3). Apatar provides support, training, and consulting services for its integration solutions. Headquartered in Western Massachusetts, Apatar operates a development center in Minsk, Belarus. Apatar is currently used by 10,000+ organizations and individuals worldwide. For more on Apatar, please visit www.apatar.com and www.apatarforge.org.