August 12, 2010, Chicopee, MA – The Apatar Team announced the release of Apatar Open Source Data Integration v1.12.12. It features significant data processing speed-up (up to 200x), improvements in the connector for Salesforce CRM, and automatic log clearing. In addition, when working on the build, we decided to commit a sufficient amount of time to fixing bugs found over a long period of time.
Working Up to 200x Faster
For this new build, we deployed new methods for handling data sources with regards to the peculiarities of each data source, as well as improved transaction algorithms and PreparedStatetements mechanisms. All this allowed us to significantly speed up data processing in Apatar, enabling users to insert, update, or delete a large number of records up to 200x faster! This is especially true for all JDBC-based data connectors.
Processing Salesforce CRM: Faster and Error-Resistant
1. The Apatar team also succeeded in sufficiently decreasing the number of API calls when working in the Update mode. Since certain editions of Salesforce CRM have the limit on API calls per day, users could have a limited number of transactions per day available. Updating each record required a separate API call, so, bearing in mind the limits, it could take a lot of time to update data in Salesforce CRM. We improved the process of sending records to SFDC, ensuring faster Salesforce CRM data updates, as well.
2. Error logging mechanism was also implemented to simplify the search for records that were failed to be sent to Salesforce CRM. Now Apatar keeps all the error-related information in a separate file, helping identify the problems that caused errors and fix them. (Please note that the feature is available if the connector for Salesforce CRM is configured to use Bulk API.)
3. Apatar no more sends API calls to Salesforce CRM if there are no records to process. In the previous app versions, data processing was started even if there were no records that satisfied the required conditions. So, extra time and API calls were spent in vain on empty records.
Clearing Error Logs Automatically
We also enabled Apatar to automatically clear debug and error logs of the previous sessions. So, now every time you click Run and Preview Results or File->Run, older logs are being erased to simplify the search for current errors. The feature can be easily disabled/enabled in the File->Options menu.
Apatar Open Source Data Integration features and benefits:
- No coding! Visual job designer and mapping enable non-developers to design and perform transformations, shortening implementation time
- Distributed under an open source model, reducing integration and maintenance costs
- Connectivity to SugarCRM, Salesforce CRM, MySQL, Oracle, MS SQL, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, GoldMine, IBM DB2, IBM AS/400, Sybase, PostgreSQL, dBase, EnterpriseDB, Vertica Analytic Database, vTiger, InnoDB, Firebird, Progress OpenEdge, Openbravo ERP, Compiere ERP, .CSV, EditGrid, XML, RSS/ATOM, HTTP queries, POP3, LDAP, FTP, WebDav, Autodesk Buzzsaw, any JDBC data sources, Amazon S3, Flickr, StrikeIron and CDYNE data quality Web services, and more
- Job scheduler and synchronization automate the data integration process
- Improves data quality with a variety of verification, filtration, and validation features
- Platform-independent, runs from Windows, Linux, and Mac OS
The latest Apatar build can be downloaded at http://apatar.com/download.html
Apatar is the leading provider of open source software tools for the data integration market. With powerful Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) capabilities, Apatar enables its users to easily link information between databases (such as MySQL, Microsoft SQL, Oracle), applications (Salesforce.com, SugarCRM), and the top Web 2.0 destinations (Flickr, Amazon S3). Apatar provides support, training, and consulting services for its integration solutions. Headquartered in Western Massachusetts, Apatar operates a development center in Minsk, Belarus. Apatar is currently used by 10,000+ organizations and individuals worldwide. For more on Apatar, please visit www.apatar.com and www.apatarforge.org.