July 17, 2008, Chicopee, MA – The Apatar Team started refactoring the code and architecture of the Apatar Open Source Data Integration application to optimize its core structure and improve user experience. With having both architecture and code revised, Apatar will make it easier to work with the source code in Java IDEs, create custom connectors, implement new functionality, and release builds. It will also minimize the risk of producing new bugs after implementing new features or fixes.
The refactoring will increase Apatar's performance speed, allow users to install Apatar either on a PC or server, and enable build version updates without having to reinstall custom components or losing data. It will also allow the Apatar Team to start working on automatic error submission to the bug tracker at www.apatarforge.org/bug and improving the general installation process. During the refactoring period, the number of new functionality releases will be limited as the team will focus on making Apatar more stable and better.
Apatar Open Source Data Integration features and benefits:
- No coding! Visual job designer and mapping enable non-developers to design and perform transformations, shortening implementation time
- Distributed under an open source model, reducing integration and maintenance costs
- Connectivity to Salesforce.com, SugarCRM, MySQL, Oracle, MS SQL, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, GoldMine, DB2, Sybase, PostgreSQL, dBase, EnterpriseDB, vTiger, InnoDB, Openbravo ERP, Compiere ERP, .CSV, XML, RSS, ATOM, HTTP queries, POP3, LDAP, FTP, WebDav, Autodesk Buzzsaw, any JDBC data sources, Amazon S3, Flickr, StrikeIron and CDYNE data quality Web services, and more
- Job scheduler and synchronization automate the data integration process
- Improves data quality with a variety of verification, filtration, and validation features
- Users have the ability to create, share, and re-use pre-built data transformations and publish data integration output as a custom RSS feed to ApatarForge, the online Apatar community
- Platform-independent, runs from Windows, Linux, and Mac OS
Apatar is the leading provider of open source software tools for the data integration market. With powerful Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) capabilities, Apatar enables its users to easily link information between databases (such as MySQL, Microsoft SQL, Oracle), applications (Salesforce.com, SugarCRM), and the top Web 2.0 destinations (Flickr, Amazon S3). Apatar provides support, training, and consulting services for its integration solutions. Headquartered in Western Massachusetts, Apatar operates a development center in Minsk, Belarus. Apatar is currently used by 4200+ organizations and individuals worldwide. For more on Apatar, please visit www.apatar.com and www.apatarforge.org.